All raw, vegan, and loaded with flavor. This makes for a very satisfying meal! When cravings hit and ordering take out sounds so good, let’s make this instead! Because you know how you feel when you have a heavy meal and regret it later. Bloated, indigestion, and the jeans just don’t fit anymore. Not worth it.
I created this recipe for you because we all crave those “hit the spot, yumm meals!” And having a recipe like this one in your back pocket is the perfect way to stay on track with your healthy eating goals. With a little fore-thought and prep, this comes together quickly and can even be made ahead of time for a grab and go meal.
Warm, savory veggies in a killer sauce, over magic cauliflower rice. Yes! I usually make about 4 portions of this to have on hand in the fridge. I call it my favorite “take-out” because I literally take it out of the fridge, warm it in the dehydrator for about an hour, or not, then eat. Voila.
Whether you’re on board with the raw, or just want an easy, crazy delicious healthy swap for stir fry, this is most definitely worth a try.
Here’s my recipe:
- 16 oz white mushrooms, chopped or sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced thin
- ½ yellow or sweet onion, sliced real thin (could use green onion or shallot instead for a less pungent taste)
- 2 carrots, shredded (I used a peeler for long shreds)
- 3 cups broccoli, chopped
- 1/3 cup cashews (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos
- 3 Tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- Juice of ½ lime
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes (not enough to make it spicy. Add more if you want the spice tho)
- ½ teaspoon coriander powder
Whisk together all your marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Taste test you marinade and feel free to add a touch more maple syrup for a little more sweetness, or ginger for more fragrant kick. Up to you, but I swear by these proportions. It’s my tried and true.
Next, chop all the veggies. You may want to swap out the veggies, if you’re not a fan of mushrooms for example, or if you just want to use up what you’ve got. Add the veggies to the marinade and let sit at least 15 minutes (or covered, overnight in the fridge). Use a dehydrator set to 115 F for about 3 hours to soften and warm this stir “fry”. (Optionally, you could use your oven on the lowest heat setting until the veggies are just warm).
- 1 small head of organic cauliflower, grated (I don’t grate the stem too much, mainly just the head)
- 2 teaspoons miso paste
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
Whisk together the miso, sesame oil, and maple syrup to form a paste. After grating your cauliflower, mix it well with the paste. Serve with the marinated veggie stir “fry”. Devour.