I don’t know about you, but Fall is my FAVORITE season and towards the end of Summer, I just can’t wait for the leaves to turn brown and the weather to chill enough for cozy sweater ensembles!
Maybe it’s because I lived in Seattle for so many years and came to love the kaleidoscope of colors every season displayed! If you live in the Northwest, know that I am jealous of you right now. Southern California has lovely shades of taupe year round, and t-shirt friendly weather. Each place has it’s beauty, but know this – If I could, I would move back!
Complaining aside — Food is another way to enjoy a new season! Hence this nod to Carrot Cake, for its nostalgia to my baking days long gone. And here in Cali, cold treats like this help with the heat wave as Summer lingers a while longer.
Here’s my simple recipe:
- 3 cups banana, sliced & frozen
- 1 cup pineapple chunks, frozen
- ½ cup shredded carrot
- 2 Tablespoons walnuts
- 2 Tablespoons dried mulberries (or use raisins)
- 1 Tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar (or 2 dried, pitted Medjool dates)
- 1 Tablespoon coconut yogurt (or yogurt of choice)
- 1 cup almond milk (or enough to blend without causing your blender to explode :))
Add all of the ingredients to your high powered blender and puree everything until it’s smooth. Serve in your fave bowl and garnish with fresh sliced banana, more dried mulberries, chopped walnuts and shredded carrot and coconut.
Carrot Cake in a bowl! I hope you love it as much as I do!
What’s your favorite season? Are you sad to see Summer go or looking forward to Fall like me? I want to know!