This is what Raw Vegan Comfort food looks like. If you want to indulge without feeling guilty about it later, I guarantee this dish will not disappoint. Whatever misconceptions you may have about Raw Vegan being boring or hard to incorporate, this dish will wow you and totally change your mind. I promise.
Here’s my recipe:
Creamy Cashew Alfredo Sauce:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 Tablespoon Trader Joe’s Umami spice blend (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon spicy Italian seasoning blend (or ½ tsp parsley, ¼ tsp red pepper flakes, ¼ tsp thyme)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon black salt (or regular salt)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup homemade almond milk – optional, may substitute with water
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. Add enough water to blend. You may have to scrape down the sides a few times. The sauce is done when everything is well incorporated and creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste.
Kelp Noodle Prep:
- 1 package kelp noodles
- 3-4 cups hot water (or enough to cover noodles in a bowl)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Juice of ½ lemon or 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and let sit for 10-15 min. Mix it a bit by hand to separate the noodles. Once they’re as soft as you want, strain and rinse them well. Drain and mix with your Alfredo sauce. Or, you could just place them in the fridge for quick assembly later. They’ll keep well at least 2 days.
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.