These tasty tacos are an old favorite of mine. I’ve shared them in the past on my IG but they got lost in the feed. It’s about time I showcased them here on the blog for easier reference.
If you’re trying to be real good with your eating habits or just swap out the meat, this is a quick raw vegan meal to put together that is full of flavor and a great way to enjoy seasonal veggies! Make an accompanying fresh tomato pico with green onion, cilantro, and cherry tomatoes and slice up a ripe avocado for the perfect toppings.
All you need for the taco filling are soaked sunflower seeds, sundried tomatoes, a dried chipotle pepper (or ground chipotle in a jar), and some spices. Load up the food processor and pulse until you’ve got the consistency you want. Adjust seasoning to taste and enjoy!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, soaked at least 4 hrs then drained (or soak for 20 minutes in hot water)
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, soaked about 1 hour then drained (reserve the liquid to use later)
- ½ dried chipotle chili, soaked til soft then drained and diced (or use ½ teaspoon chipotle powder)
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon miso paste (or 1 teaspoon salt)
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 soft Medjool dates, pits removed
- ¼ cup reserved liquid from the sundried tomatoes or chipotle soak water.
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Place all ingredients in your food processor equipped with the S blade and pulse until it’s combined but still chunky. Fill romaine or butter lettuce leaves and top with optional garnishes like salsa, guacamole or sliced avocado.
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.