An easy way to quickly throw a salad together is to have your favorite dressing prepped and ready to go. Whether you gather and chop the salad greens yourself or you buy one ready assembled, you don’t have to compromise on taste and healthy ingredients when it comes to that dressing.
This Eat Smart Sweet Kale Salad mix is a tasty one that can be found at many stores. It’s loaded with shredded veggies and lots of greens, plus a touch of sweetness from the cranberries and extra crunch from the pumpkin seeds. Add avocado and it’s a full meal ready in minutes.
The best part about blending your own balsamic vinaigrette is you can customize the flavor profile. Cut back on the sour, add a touch more sweetness, use an infused olive oil; it’s very flexible.
- 3 Tablespoons good quality olive oil (like this one from Temecula Olive Oil Company)
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1-2 teaspoons good quality balsamic (like this one)
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos (or Braggs aminos, or low sodium soy sauce)
- 1-2 teaspoons honey or agave
- 1 teaspoon seasoning mix (I used this one)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (or red pepper for a kick of spice)
Whisk ingredients together then dress your salad. Garnish with avocado and even dates if you want a little more sweetness.