The Sunshine Blogger award is a peer recognition for bloggers. I was nominated by Mel over at MellaBellaBlog.com. This sweet blogger writes about parenting, book reviews, and fitness inspo. Make sure to visit her blog!
Thanks Mel for the nomination. The blogging community has been an encouragement and support. I’m glad to be part of it and nominate others for this award as well.
Rules to follow:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions that were presented to you by your nominator.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Ask 11 questions (different from the ones you answered).
- List the rules.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Logo in your post or blog site.
Questions asked by Mel. Some of them really had me thinking.
- What is the reason that you originally started your blog?
I wanted to shine a light on the healing power of eating fruits and veggies and have a collection of recipes and info to share without printing 20 million copies. That and every time I saw a late night commercial for burgers or pizza, it frustrated me that healthier food wasn’t advertised more. This blog serves as a free resource for recipes, info, support, and encouragement for anyone who wants to be healthier and incorporate more fruits and veggies in to their diet.
- If you could only be one age for the rest of your life, what age would you choose?
Easy. My pre-wrinkle days – age 25. I only wish I knew then what I know now. But if I had to choose based on years of knowledge, I wouldn’t trade my age now for anything. Wrinkles and all.
- What are you interested in that most people haven’t heard of?
I used to live in Portland OR. The downtown Saturday market was the place to be! We took the public transportation shuttle called the MAX and walked around looking at all the wares the sellers had on display. I found a cute porcelain turtle with holes in its belly and foot. Drawn to the art of it, I bought it. To my surprise it was an ocarina. An oval shaped flute made out of pottery. This one was cleverly fashioned to look like a little frog. It was fun playing that little odd instrument.
- What is the most annoying question people ask you?
I can think of plenty of bothersome commentary like – “oh I could never do that, or live that way…” Never say never until you try it. But no annoying questions. I’m really not bothered by anything people ask me. I actually like that they are curious enough to ask. Sure, I get the usual – but where do you get your protein if you’re raw vegan? Do you ever wish you could just have a burger? Do you even have energy eating only fruits and veggies? The answers are: I get my protein from where your beef got theirs – plants. No, I don’t crave burgers. Fruits and veggies are very filling. And yes, I have lots of energy because what I eat doesn’t take very long to digest which means instant absorption and energy.
- What is the hardest part about being a blogger?
Hands down, being a perfectionist. I am my own worst critic. I love blogging but it is a process. When creating content, it’s not just about taking pretty pictures and posting them. For my little blog, it requires grocery shopping, recipe creation – which comes with trial and error. Then I have to capture the perfect shots to showcase the final result. I’ve learned to judge my work by asking: do I like it? I hope others like it too.
- What could you give a presentation on with zero preparation?
Raw vegan meal prep. I was passionate enough about becoming a raw vegan that I started a blog! I’m still just as enthusiastic about it all. Simple ingredients make for some pretty amazing dishes! I love showing others how to make delicious food and see their reaction to the minimal ingredient creations.
- What is your dream job?
I’ve always been a real hands-on person. And I love people. I’m a pretty confident massage therapist and the fact that it brings pain relief to so many is another reason I love my job. Blogging is just for fun but I’d love it if it eventually became a reliable revenue source. I mean, I can’t massage forever.
- What is your favorite way to start the day?
After moving to our new house I was determined to have a reading nook. Like, a pinterest cozy reading nook complete with an armchair, throw, and side table stacked with books. So, that’s my go-to morning spot — matcha latte in hand, reading my bible before the day gets ahead of me.
- When was the last time you changed your belief/opinion on something? What was it?
Two years ago I used to think a filling meal had to consist of meat and some form of dairy. Having become a raw vegan I’ve learned that it is easier and more satisfying than I thought it would be. So glad I ventured to try it. I’m sticking to it for good now! And the benefits are crazy! Energy, stamina, mental focus, healthy metabolism – I feel great!
- There are two types of people in this world. What are the two types?
People who are funny and those who are not. At my place, I am not the funny one. My husband is hilarious! He’s got jokes that catch me off guard, but he sure makes me laugh. Here’s one – Me: honey I’m chilly. Him: I’m peppa.
Gets me every time!
- The number one rule that you live by?
I’ve had my ups and downs, made plenty of mistakes, but the lesson I’ve learned time and time again is that God loves me. If I live my life in obedience to Him, no matter what happens, I have peace, joy, and I can rest secure in the knowledge that I will go to heaven when I die. My number one rule: Honor God and obey His commandments. “Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need.” Matthew 6:33 My life is a testament to God fulfilling that promise. Every day.
The end. No, not the end, but it’s the end of the questions.
Those were tough!
Ok, now it’s my turn to ask.
My 11 questions:
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you choose and why?
- What are your top two favorite hobbies?
- If you won the lottery, would you share the winnings? If so, with who?
- How do you recharge after a hectic week?
- What’s your favorite thing about being a blogger?
- When did something start out badly but then end up being a great thing?
- When was the last time you felt you had a new lease on life?
- What organizational tips have you found to be the most useful as a blogger?
- What good habit do you have now that you wish you started sooner?
- What’s your secret talent?
- What’s the funniest joke you’ve ever heard?
My nominations are:
Looking forward to reading your posts!