Spring is here and so is the abundance of vibrantly fresh fruit to crave. Strawberries have been especially alluring with their bright red hue and sweet-tart taste. Parfait cups layered with strawberry goodness is the perfect way to showcase the beauty and taste of this fruit.
Let’s break it down: date caramel bottom, coconut cream, chopped strawbs, vanilla pudding, and strawberry jam on top. Layers of OMG this is amazing! So many good things going on in these cups right here, there’s no way to really do them justice other than making it and enjoying it for yourself.
On another note, I’m moving. We’ve outgrown our little place long ago so you can imagine my joy right now. I’ll give you all a grand tour once we’re settled!
The cherry on top is the lovely organic market I found close to where I’ll be moving. I went the other day and was so thrilled that they had fresh coconuts, strawberries, and a whole bunch of other goodies that weren’t on my list. Goodwin’s Organics is that friendly neighborhood grocery store that has what’s in season and it’s all organic! The people working there are very helpful and kind. I came home excited with the grocery haul but also looking forward to going again.
There’s nothing like a spark of creativity to get that motivation on a roll! I saw strawberries and dreamed parfait. You’re welcome 🙂
Here’s my recipe:
- 1 cup organic Medjool dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
Blend well using an immersion blender. Add more water as necessary to achieve a smooth consistency. Pour in to parfait cups and set aside to firm.
Coconut Cream layer:
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/3 cup almond milk (or nut milk of choice)
- 3 Tbs maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 pinches salt (scant 1/4 tsp)
Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth for about 1-2 minutes. Pour in to parfait cups over date layer. Place in fridge to firm up until you prepare the other layers.
Strawberry layer: Chop 4 large strawberries and add to parfait cups once the coconut cream layer has firmed up.
At this point, you could just enjoy this parfait without going further. But, if you planned in advance like me, you’ll have the other ingredients ready to go so the next 2 layers will be a breeze.
Vanilla pudding layer:
- 1/2 cup young coconut pulp (from young Thai coconut)
- 1/2 cup raw, organic cashews, soaked at least 20 minutes
- 1/2 cup *Irish Moss Gel (recipe listed below)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup coconut water or almond milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 2 Tbs coconut butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp sunflower lecithin
- 1 Tablespoon lucuma powder
- pinch of salt
Blend until smooth. Then pour over the chopped strawberries layer in your parfait cup.
*Irish Moss Gel Recipe:
- Soak a handful of Irish Moss in filtered water for at least 3 hours to overnight in the fridge. (Approximately 2 cups) Rinse well. Make sure there’s no sand or debris. Add the Irish Moss and 4 cups of water to a high powered blender and blend until it turns to gel. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Strawberry Jam layer:
- 1/2 cup freeze dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbs maple syrup or agave to sweeten
Blend well using an immersion blender. Add more water if needed for the right consistency. Top your parfait a generous drizzle of this jam.
Serve chilled with pretty sliced strawberries on top. Enjoy!
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.