Spring is here and the weather is only getting warmer. You’ll want to have a delicious smoothie bowl recipe to throw together for breakfast or anytime you’re in the mood for something sweetly refreshing. This bowl is my – wow this is gooooood – creation! With the perfect combo of mango and orange flavors, it’s a little bit of a tropical paradise in a bowl! The sliced almonds add just the right texture too. Everything in this bowl is a winning combination.
I used to frequent the Acai Berry Bowl shops and while they are delicious, you just can’t beat the convenience of blending your own at home for a fraction of the cost. Pretty it up with toppings and you’ve got a $10 bowl for about a buck!
There’s also something immensely satisfying about being able to whip something good up in a matter of seconds. Smoothie bowls are my instant-gratification treats! With the endless possibilities of fruit combinations, anyone can master the smoothie bowl!
Try this one out. I know you will love it!
Banana Mango Smoothie Bowl recipe:
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 3 cups sliced frozen banana
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup *Irish Moss gel (optional but really adds nice texture & nutrients)
- juice of 1-2 small oranges, or enough to blend to the right consistency
- 2 teaspoon Maca powder – excellent for increased energy, mood, memory, and balancing hormone levels
- 2 teaspoons Lucuma powder – excellent for healthy skin and muscles, great source of iron and antioxidants
Optional garnish: orange slices, hemp seeds, sliced almonds
How to: Add all ingredients to your high powered blender (I use this one). Blend until smooth and creamy. Scoop in to your fave bowl and garnish as you wish. Enjoy!
*How to make the Irish Moss gel:
- Soak a handful of Irish Moss in filtered water for at least 3 hours to overnight in the fridge. (Approximately 2 cups) Rinse well. Make sure there’s no sand or debris. Add the Irish Moss and 4 cups of water to a high powered blender and blend until it turns to gel. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
If you want to read a little about the amazing health benefits of adding Irish Moss Gel in to your diet, check out this post I put together!
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.