What if I told you I found the fountain of youth and it’s in this pudding?! I’m not kidding. Read on and I’ll share my newest find and recipe that I’m sure you will love!
Who wants something sweet to eat? How about a velvety-rich, sweet caramel pudding? Yes please!
I recently discovered Irish moss and decided it was time to create something luxurious with it. Enter, this lovely pudding.
If you’ve never heard of the stuff, take a moment to learn about the super nutritious secret ingredient we should all be using in our food.
Irish moss is a raw seaweed with tons of health benefits:
- Loaded with collagen for smooth, radiant, wrinkle-free skin, naturally
- It has the highest source of natural iodine which supports healthy thyroid function
- Contains sulfur to fight against inflammation throughout the body
- Rich in potassium which helps fight fibromyalgia, is great for anti-aging, and also contributes to healthy skin
- Great source of selenium to balance the thyroid and help the liver get rid of fats
- Is a great anti-inflammatory
- Soothes mucous membranes of the digestive tract by creating a protective lining
- Has a mild laxative effect
- Used externally, it soothes and softens the skin and fights dark circles and wrinkles (hello new favorite face mask!)
This amazing seaweed, in its raw, natural form is super nutritious and also lends great texture to foods like salad dressing, mousse, cheeses, cakes, and this Caramel Pudding.
I’m so impressed with this simple ingredient, I will definitely come up with more recipes to incorporate it in to. For now, I’m making a face mask and enjoying this pudding!
Here’s my recipe:
- 1 cup young coconut pulp (from young Thai coconut)
- 1 cup raw, organic cashews, soaked at least 20 minutes
- 1 cup *Irish Moss Gel (recipe listed below)
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup coconut water or almond milk
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sunflower lecithin
- 2 Tablespoons lucuma powder
- 2 teaspoons mesquite powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
*Irish Moss Gel Recipe:
- Soak a handful of Irish Moss in filtered water for at least 3 hours to overnight in the fridge. (Approximately 2 cups) Rinse well. Make sure there’s no sand or debris. Add the Irish Moss and 4 cups of water to a high powered blender and blend until it turns to gel. Store in a covered container in the refrigerator for 7-10 days.
Stay tuned for more recipes using this amazing ingredient!
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.