Here’s a breakdown of the nutrition in this simple pudding.
- Loaded with 22 grams of protein (per 1/4 cup amount of chia seeds used in this recipe)
- Rich in antioxidants
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Healthy (polyunsaturated) fat
- Fiber rich
- Great source of minerals, iron and calcium
White Chia Pudding
- 1 cup almond milk (fresh made is best as it is more rich and flavorful, but store-bought works too)
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- 1 Tablespoon real vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons real maple syrup, or agave nectar
- pinch of salt
Whisk all the ingredients in a bowl or large cup. Cover and let sit for at least 30 minutes to overnight in the fridge.
Instant Strawberry Jam
- 1/4 cup freeze dried organic strawberries
- 1-2 teaspoons maple syrup or agave
- 1 Tablespoon water (or enough for desired consistency)
Mix and allow to plump for 3 minutes.
To serve: Garnish your chia pudding generously with the strawberry jam and sliced bananas.