I quit coffee. Gasp! I know. Going from 2 double shot lattes a day to none, and having to pack my beloved espresso machine away, you would think I did it kicking and screaming.
Truth is, as much as I loved the taste, the aroma, the warm cup/hug, I wasn’t crazy about the jitters. So here we are with a new latte to love.
This creative and delicious latte is made with herbs that decrease the stress hormone — Cortisol, fights inflammation, and boosts brain function and memory. Together with some other good-for-you ingredients, we have an aromatic and very delicious cup.
- ¼ c cashews, raw organic (loaded with vitamins & minerals like zinc & iron & healthy fat)
- 1 c hot water
- *¾ c unsweetened almond milk (contains calcium, vitamin D & E, fiber, tastes great)
- 1 T Tocos rice bran soluble (natural Vitamin E, good for your skin and connective tissues)
- 1 tsp ashwagandha powder (reduces stress & anxiety, lowers high blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, helps with memory & brain function)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (healthy fat, protects the liver, improves brain function, energy & endurance, helps with digestion)
- 2 T raw honey, or to desired sweetness (loaded with amino acids, minerals, & enzymes)
- 1 small ginger knuckle, (1/4-1/2 tsp) (anti inflammatory)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (anti inflammatory, helps with muscle pain & soreness, offers menstrual pain relief, improves brain function)
- ½ tsp cardamom powder (related to ginger, anti inflammatory, aids in digestion, rich in vitamins, minerals, & micro-nutrients)
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt (contains over 84 minerals & trace elements)
Blend on high for 3-5 min until hot. (Best when blended in power blender like this Vitamix) Sprinkle cinnamon on top and enjoy!
*You could optionally use 1 cup of almond milk and leave the ¼ c cashews out for a lower fat latte. Still delicious.
Kick your feet up and enjoy this amazing de-stress latte!
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.