I quit coffee 1 year ago. Gasp. I know. Going from 2 double shot lattes per day to none, and having to pack my beloved espresso machine away, you would think I did it kicking and screaming.
Truth is, as much as I loved the taste, the aroma, the warm cup/hug, I wasn’t crazy about the jitters. So here we are, a year later and I have found a new latte love. The best part is, I get all the stuff I miss from my coffee days without the heart palpitations, and coffee breath.
My creative and delicious latte is made with herbs that decrease the stress hormone, Cortisol, fights inflammation, and boosts brain function and memory. Together with some other good-for-you ingredients, we have here, an aromatic and very delicious cup of perfection.
All you need is a blender and the following ingredients.
- ¼ c cashews, raw organic (loaded with vitamins & minerals like zinc & iron & healthy fat)
- 1 c hot water
- *¾ c unsweetened almond milk (contains calcium, vitamin D & E, fiber, tastes great)
- 1 T Tocos rice bran soluble (natural Vitamin E, good for your skin and connective tissues)
- 1 tsp ashwagandha powder (reduces stress & anxiety, lowers high blood sugar, lowers cholesterol, helps with memory & brain function)
- 1 tsp coconut oil (healthy fat, protects the liver, improves brain function, energy & endurance, helps with digestion)
- 2 T raw honey, or to desired sweetness (loaded with amino acids, minerals, & enzymes)
- 1 small ginger knuckle, (1/4-1/2 tsp) (anti inflammatory)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (anti inflammatory, helps with muscle pain & soreness, offers menstrual pain relief, improves brain function)
- ½ tsp cardamom powder (related to ginger, anti inflammatory, aids in digestion, rich in vitamins, minerals, & micro-nutrients)
- Pinch of Himalayan sea salt (contains over 84 minerals & trace elements)
Blend on high for 3-5 min until hot. (Best when blended in power blender like this Vitamix) Sprinkle cinnamon on top and enjoy!
*You could optionally use 1 cup of almond milk and leave the ¼ c cashews out for a lower fat latte. Still delicious.
Kick your feet up and enjoy this amazing de-stress latte!
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.