Sometimes we crave savory, zesty, crunchy and this recipe checks all the boxes. Make these raw vegan corn chips and savor this totally good for you, no guilt snack.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 medium tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 glove minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
Add all ingredients to your food processor. Pulse to combine to desired consistency. Done! Store in fridge for up to three days.
- 3 cups organic yellow corn, fresh or frozen (make sure to thaw out first if using frozen)
- 1/3 cup fresh ground golden flax
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
How to: Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. I use this Vitamix. Blend well, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Should resemble a thick paste when done. Optionally, you could leave it somewhat chunky for texture. It’s great either way.
Spread thinly on non-stick *dehydrator sheets in round shapes. I often spread the mixture to fill the entire sheet in a rectangular shape. I figure, I can break it apart once it’s done and crispy. If you want it to look pretty and round, then it’s worth the extra trouble to shape it. Your call though. Once dehydrated, they store in an airtight container for months.
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.