These corn tostadas are made up of a simple four ingredient base. Definitely a pantry staple to always have on hand.
- 3 cups organic yellow corn, fresh or frozen (make sure to thaw out first if using frozen)
- 1/3 cup fresh ground golden flax
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
How to: Add all ingredients to a high powered blender. I use this Vitamix. Blend well, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Should resemble a thick paste when done. Optionally, you could leave it somewhat chunky for texture. It’s great either way.
Spread thinly on non-stick *dehydrator sheets in round shapes. I often spread the mixture to fill the entire sheet in a rectangular shape. I figure, I can break it apart once it’s done and crispy. If you want it to look pretty and round, then it’s worth the extra trouble to shape it. Your call though. Once dehydrated, they store in an airtight container for months.
Spread Cashew Cheese (recipe below) on your tostada. Top with finely shredded cabbage and fresh chopped avocado.
Top with this tomato mushroom salsa:
- 1 roma tomato, chopped
- 2 mushrooms, chopped (crimini, baby portabella or white mushrooms work well)
- 1 Tablespoon thai basil, chopped (regular basil works well too)
- light drizzle extra virgin olive oil (approx 1/2 teaspoon)
- pinch of sea salt or splash of aminos
Serve on it’s own or with a simple side salad of chopped romaine hearts drizzled with a bit of aminos.
Homemade cashew cheese recipe
- 2 cups cashews, raw organic & soaked for at least 20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Fine Gray Sea Salt
Add all ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down sides as needed. Store in fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for 3 months.
Hope you’re hungry because this is one tasty dish! Enjoy!
disclaimer: this post contains some amazon affiliate links. Every purchase provides a small commission that helps keep this blog running so I can continue sharing so many more great recipes with you. All opinions are my own. Rest assured, if I don’t love it, I won’t share it.