Here’s a classic dessert made raw vegan, refined sugar free, and gluten free with the perfect tart/sweet creamy texture.
For the crust:
- ½ cup almonds, raw organic
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut flour
- Juice of 1/2 small lemon (approx 2 Tablespoons)
- 3 soft Medjool dates
- 1 Tbs coconut oil
Add almonds and coconut flakes to the food processor and run until crumbled. Add the remaining ingredients and process until sticky. Press in to a plastic or parchment paper lined pan. Place in fridge to firm a bit until you make the filling.
For the filling:
- 2 cups cashews
- 3 lemons, zest and juice (1/2 – 3/4 cup lemon juice depending on how lemony you want it)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (could use agave instead if preferred)
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbs vanilla
- 10 drops doTERRA Lemon Essential Oil
Add all of the ingredients to a high powered blender and blend until smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Pour filling in to crust and place in the freezer for a couple hours or overnight to firm up. When ready to serve, garnish as you wish. I chose fresh lemon zest and blueberries. For added sweetness, drizzle with more maple syrup or agave.
disclaimer: this post contains an amazon affiliate link. All opinions are my own 🙂